02 March 2010

Allah is definitely Akbar!! Introducing the new Mrs. Ahamed!

Asalaamu alaikum...

Well...Sunday was an eventful day for me, alhamdulilah!!! I became the new Mrs. Ahamed!! I'm so happy and feel so blessed by Allah (SWT)! It almost didn't happen tho...

LAST Sunday (not this past one), we were going to get married, and when I told my parents, my stepfather was furious. He said we must not take our marriage vows seriously since we want to get married so quickly. He also said that if I get married I have to move out (I'm living with my parents). We tried to explain how things work in Islam (get married first, quickly, to avoid any haram- prohibited- activities, such as pre-marital sex; holding hands; hugging; etc). And, that I can't move yet for a few reasons (one being financial, as it costs extra to move than it does for just your month-to-month bills, and one has to save that up along with paying their current bills; not to mention it'd be too stressful while I'm in classes). He said we shouldn't get married then. My mom told me to go ahead and get married and just not tell my stepdad....so that's what we did this past Sunday.

I have been grinning from ear to ear since then. I am just so happy, and I praise Allah (SWT) for His many blessings He has bestowed upon me. Allah (SWT) is truly akbar!

A little background on my husband: His mom is from the United Arab Emirates and his father is from Nigeria. My husband, however, was raised in Saudi Arabia, by his parents, and with 10 siblings. He is very strong in his faith, and just an amazing man, masha'Allah. He is very affectionate, loving, polite, intelligent, funny, talented, etc. He speaks 7 languages, masha'Allah, and helps me with my Arabic. He is very patient with me. Ha, I so love this man! Allahu akbar!

So, I just had to share my happiness with everyone!

Salaam,
Aakifah

5 comments:

  1. Congradulations. May Allah bless you both with happiness and fill your hearts will love toward one another and increase you both in iman. Ameen.

    I can relate to your story, because my husband and I did something similar.

    We only knew one another for 3 months before we decided it was best to get married, even though we were living apart. It took 1 1/2 years for us to finally be able to live together (He is moroccan and has been living in Spain for the past 5 years and I was in the U.S.
    We got married secretly as well because my parents would have kicked me out and alhamdlullah even though they found out Allah made it so that they still allowed me to stay so I could finish my degree. We have now been married for 2 years and 9 months ago I moved to spain to be with him, alhamdulillah. Its all about patience and alhamdulillah you guys did the right thing keeping it halal. Make lots of dua and inshaAllah your step father will come around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As salaamu alaykum wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatuh Aakifah!

    Subhaan Allah wa bihamdihi, subhaana Rabbi al atheem! Now that is the kind of new that makes me literally JUMP FOR JOY! This sounds RIGHT. I'm so very happy for you. I have been making dua' that you would be blessed with a man to support your faith and be a great benefit to your life...and I remembered you when I went for Umrah. Now I feel like it's all coming together. Perhaps you are one step closer to coming over here?

    May Allah, the Perfect Provider, Bless your marriage, fill you both with emaan and taqwa, and give you the ultimate success of His Jennah al Firdous - ameen!

    Much love and a cyber chocolate chip muffin,

    Mai

    ReplyDelete
  3. MashaAllah wa mabroooook!!!!!

    I am so happy for you, May Allah subhana wa ta'ala bless your marriage with love and understanding, ameeen!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. assalamu aleikum Aakifah!
    congratulations, mashAllah! :) may Allah bless you, bestow His blessings upon you and join you together in good.. i'm very happy for you, sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ameen. Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

    Shukron sisters for all your love and support. :) I'm am truly so very happy. Ha, I've been grinning from ear to ear since Sunday. Allahu akbar! I have been so blessed in so many ways.

    Mai...insh'Allah, I do hope we will one day be over there to visit his family who lives in Riyadh. It will be awhile before we can make the trip because of the cost, but insh'Allah, I hope we don't have to wait really long. I really want to meet his family. :) It'll put their fears to rest (they worry he won't come home now to visit).

    Oh, and shukron for the choc. chip muffin. :D YUMMY! :D

    Salaam,
    Aakifah

    ReplyDelete